Swap/Sell etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap/Sell etiquette

Hope this thread could help us in anything about swapping, since there are so many swapping gurus here.

1) Since sender will be paying for the postage, what if the things we send are much heavier than what the other party is going to send us?

2) Must the items from each party with about the same value? (I saw some people have very low prices things as their swap items, and expensive goodies in their wish list.)

3) Custom purchase. Do we need to pay any extras, if someone is going to custom purchase for us?

Thanks in advance~

My thoughts :

1) Since sender will be paying for the postage, what if the things we send are much heavier than what the other party is going to send us?

I am usually not too fussy about postages being unequal. What's more important is whether I like her item enough to want to swap for it. Most swappers are nice enough to include more extras to even out.

2) Must the items from each party with about the same value? (I saw some people have very low prices things as their swap items, and expensive goodies in their wish list.)

It's usually that the value of the entire package should be more or less equal. If someone has an expensive wishlist while the items on their swaplist is cheaper, she will most probably be willing to swap a few items from her list for that one expensive item.

3) Custom purchase. Do we need to pay any extras, if someone is going to custom purchase for us?

If it is a custom purchase (which means she helps me buy something not in exchange for an item from my swaplist), I will usually buy her a small item from her wishlist or something which I think she will like. I don't 'pay' extras in cash.
    Last edited by Dimples; 09-05-2003, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Re: About Swapping......

u have to judge yourself if is worth the swap. Most wont pay u or swap u more than the swapping items to cover your more ex postage

Yes, if your item is 50, the other party item must be 50 or close to it. But must deduct the usage.

No need but u got to pay for postage if u have nothing to send to the swapper.

Comment

i usually disregard postage unless its really really significant (which i wouldn't know until i get to the PO)..

around the same. both ends should add up to around the same value.

if she's doing a CP for you in return for cash, you have to pay for postage to you (unless she declines). if she's doing a CP for your existing items, not required (but its still nice to give extras )

Comment

Here's my $.02:

Typically, I don't worry about postage unless one of the ends is much heavier. If I will be receiving an item that is much heavier than what I am sending out, I ask the swapper to pick out a swap evener since they will be spending more in postage. If the items weigh about the same, I don't worry about postage.

Different people have different takes on this. Some people will only swap high end with high end and low end with low end. Some people will swap several low end items for a high end item. Some people will want to swap dollar for dollar, and some people would swap away something for an item of lesser value if it is something that they will use. Usually the swapper has their preferences in their notepad.

Extras are optional ... it's not something that is required. Sometimes I will look at the swapper's swap notes or wishlist and purchase a few low end extras ... or I might have something on hand that they would like. But extras are never *required* ... although they are fun! I've received samples of things that are in my swap notes/wishlist that have become staples!

HTH!

Comment

I was just wondering...if a swapper requested for a swap and then disappeared halfway thru swaptalk and this had happenned twice with two different swaps (which I think will leave most swappers very irritated, me included), will you consider swapping if this swapper approaches with an offer the 3rd time regarding another swap item? Given the fact that this swapper does have a real tantalising swap list? :roll:
            Last edited by mango; 10-05-2003, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
              I was just wondering...if a swapper requested for a swap and then disappeared halfway thru swaptalk and this had happenned twice with two different swaps (which I think will leave most swappers very irritated, me included), will you consider swapping if this swapper approaches with an offer the 3rd time regarding another swap item? Given the fact that this swapper does have a real tantalising swap list? :roll:
              Think I would just say "no thanks" at that point!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                definitely a no thanks!

Comment

no.. i would rather save myself the stress if she does disappear again.. plus i wouldn't like to build up the anticipation and excitment to have it burst..

Comment

Sorry, I have another question. I've bought something from an overseas muaer, she told me token will be awarded to swapping only. I told her I need to accumulate some tokens, then she gave me a positive token and send me an email saying, "ok, since you insist, but actually token will not be awarded for purchasing". Well, I thought I did see many people also given tokens for purchasing not swapping?

Comment

Originally posted by baby_j
                      Sorry, I have another question. I've bought something from an overseas muaer, she told me token will be awarded to swapping only. I told her I need to accumulate some tokens, then she gave me a positive token and send me an email saying, "ok, since you insist, but actually token will not be awarded for purchasing". Well, I thought I did see many people also given tokens for purchasing not swapping?
                      most give for purchasing too!

Comment

as long as there is an exchange of products or money, token should be award if the transaction is of satisfaction.

my 2 cents.

Comment

what a calculative person...
                          For me, whether I am the seller or the buyer, I've gave and received tokens both ways, and each time, the buyer/seller didn't even needed me to remind them, they always promptly award tokens once the transaction is completed.

Comment

yah it doesnt cost a cent to give a token so why not?

have awarded token to dear sweetmango when she very generously gave me samples FOC.
                            token means "token of appreciation" doesnt it?
                            so if u appreciate the effort the swapper has put in, u award a token.

Comment

heh, yeah, thanks alot to hjmsb for her much appreciated token Like what she says, token are free and all it takes is a few minutes of time, so why not? Luckily most MUAers are really nice and generous souls

Comment

Working...
                              X