chinatown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinatown

do u gals go chinatown to shop? my colleagues said the dresses there are very pretty and cheap..i afraid that many will have high markup since its one of tourist attraction places........ any recommedation or comments?

I used to frequent Chinatown cos there's salsa classes there.
    Depending on which part of chinatown...we were @ pagoda street.
    Don't remember seeing any pretty stuff there...

Comment

People's Park complex? I like to shop for accessories there. Didn't really see any clothes that I like.

Comment

You have to go in to the chinatown market to find the really good buys. No, they are not marked up that much ***. Its really This fashion price. search a but harder and you can find some really good stuff. Takes patience though :p

Just be politeand full of smiles, it'll definitley help in your bargaining.

Comment

where is the market near?

Comment

-double entry-

Comment

I know there are some fashion shops below the Smith Street Food Centre. My bf stays near there so I used to buy a couple of clothes from there during CNY season. Can bargain somemore. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by melody80
                I know there are some fashion shops below the Smith Street Food Centre. My bf stays near there so I used to buy a couple of clothes from there during CNY season. Can bargain somemore. ;p

is it at amoy food centre?

Comment

but we can't try the clothes right? i know the cd there sells for $4 or $5

Comment

chelsin errrh.... sorry but I do not know where the Amoy Food Centre is.

The one that I'm talking about is the food centre which on the 2nd floor, 1st floor are where the shops are, & basement is the wet market. It is close to where the tooth-buddha temple which is under construction now.

Hope u know what i'm talking about. Sorry that I can't explain well.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what you call that "chinatown market" which i've been talking about. I know its the same market Melody80 was refering to. THE market with very cheap CDs, and escalator, and a dessert stall called "er4 gu1 tang1 shui3" (er gu's desserts). The market next to CK department stall.

Amoy Street 's is another market altogether (the food there is great *_*)

i even saw a cute spoof on Crocs at the chinatown market: brightly coloured Croc-like slip-ons with a croco head :p

BTW chinatownis full of goodies! You can actually bargain / ask for discounts at GG 5 (sorry, i don't know how to insert symbols) at China Square *_*

Comment

Some Taiwanese heels can be found cheap there. Go see
                        Store is opposite towel-uncle's store.

Comment

vernis, you are back in action. I thought u went away during this PH week.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                            Some Taiwanese heels can be found cheap there. Go see
                            Store is opposite towel-uncle's store.
                            Vernis not only are u well-versed in BV stuff u're good in chinatown stuff as well!

Yep that shoe shop not bad one, but my bf wouldn't let me buy from there. Said all meant for aunties one!

PS: He's just biased against Chinatown coz he has been staying there for almost all his life & he's sianz of all the old old things there.

Comment

Originally posted by kolya
                              Sorry, I don't know what you call that "chinatown market" which i've been talking about. I know its the same market Melody80 was refering to. THE market with very cheap CDs, and escalator, and a dessert stall called "er4 gu1 tang1 shui3" (er gu's desserts). The market next to CK department stall.

Amoy Street 's is another market altogether (the food there is great *_*)

i even saw a cute spoof on Crocs at the chinatown market: brightly coloured Croc-like slip-ons with a croco head :p

BTW chinatownis full of goodies! You can actually bargain / ask for discounts at GG 5 (sorry, i don't know how to insert symbols) at China Square *_*
                              serious?? can bargain at GG<5 at china sq central? i work there ***.. but really can bargain ***?

Comment

Working...
                              X